…and the engine is in!

Here's the engine, still in the crate from Huffaker Engineering.

So today was not easy, but it certainly was productive. After lots of cleaning and finagling, the engine is in and we’re one step closer to our first race of the year.

We started as any good race team would start, by cleaning and organizing the parts. In our case, using some WD-40 on the mounting parts. With all the parts cleaned and organized, it came time to shoe-horn the engine into the bay. We had to remove a few parts and were very careful in lowering the engine/transmission amongst the frame and steering column, but after some frustration, we were able to do it!

While our job is not done and the car can’t start yet, we’ve got a good start. Now just a few more days of hard work and we’ll be ready for Road America!

Advertisements

About Riley Lind

I'm a recovering automotive engineer, now on the sales side.
This entry was posted in Offseason and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s